Dealing with substance abuse or mental health issues is an intensive process.
Treatment is provided by community partners in Peterborough.
Treatment is supervised by CSC case managers from different organisations:
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Four Counties Addiction Services Team (FourCAST)
- Elizabeth Fry
Steps to Take:
1) Meet with a CSC Case Manager
2) Create an individualized community treatment plan (CTIP)
3) Successfully complete the Plan
The plan may include:
- Community service work (volunteering)
- Stabilized housing
- Abstinence (no non-medically prescribed drugs) for a period of time
- Drug testing through urine screens
- Personal goals
- Mental health stability
Your participation in the plan will be monitored by your case manager and the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We expect your plan will last between 12 and 18 months.